The American Public Health Association's 141st Annual Meeting and Exposition, which
takes place Nov. 2-6 in Boston, is rapidly approaching.
Thursday, Sept. 26 marks the end of advanced registration. Individuals who register before
that date can save up to $60 off the on-site fees. After Sept. 26, online registration is
still available, but on-site fees are in effect.
To learn more, visit
Keynote speakers at the opening general session, closing session and special sessions will
focus on this year's theme, Think Global, Act Local and hot topics in public health.
* Opening general session - Don't miss attorney and spokesperson on leadership and
public issues Sarah Weddington, internationally acclaimed epidemiologist Michael Marmot
and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino.
* Closing General Session - The Closing General Session will take place Wednesday, Nov. 6
at 2:30 p.m. This year's meeting theme "Think Global, Act Local" provides an
excellent opportunity to explore the health of native people. Keynote speaker Evan Tlesla
Adams, will share his experience as British Columbia's first aboriginal health
* Sessions - Topics discussed in these APHA sessions include transportation, a global look
at public health issues and lessons learned from natural disasters, and more.
The Public Health Expo is your one-stop shot for public health information and
state-of-the-art products and services. Plan which exhibitors you are interested in
visiting before the meeting event begins on the Virtual Expo.
* Everything APHA - Your source for APHA information, membership, merchandise, book
signings and more
* Public Health CareerMart - The perfect opportunity for employers and job seekers to meet
* Membership booth - Stop by the membership booth to update your membership record,
interact with the APHA's Membership team and more. Visit on Monday or Tuesday and
share what public health means to you in Membership's photo/video booth!
* Section & SPIG Pavilion - Get involved and find out more about APHA Sections and
Special Primary Interest Groups. Talk one-on-one with leaders.
* Passport to Prizes - Visit various booths throughout the hall to collect a string of
words. Create a sentence using the words and drop your "passport" off at APHA
Press. Prizes will be drawn each day from the stack of completed passports.
The Learning Institutes are half- or full-day courses that afford learners the chance to
participate in a more intense and interactive educational experience. Separate
registration is required for these pre-convention sessions which take place on Saturday,
Nov. 2 and Sunday, Nov. 3.