The latest edition of the Subcommittee newsletter is now online! Read the latest news,
stay up to date on events, and explore some new ways to get involved as a friend of the
Please visit our website to read the newsletter in full:
Here are some highlights:
* Help us write the TRB Circular, which will document what a transportation planner
needs to know about health, what a public health professional needs to know about
transportation and other connected issues.
* Coming soon: the report documenting the Health and Transportation Subcommittee
session at TRB’s Annual Meeting in January 2014.The session was organized as a panel
discussion where we heard the perspective from three senior state transportation officials
and a state health commissioner on raising public health issues to a higher level in the
* The Subcommittee mid-year meeting this year will be held in Burlington Vermont in
conjunction with the Tools of the Trade
ml>. Registration is
now open and our meeting will be Wednesday afternoon (Eastern time), July 23, 2014. Do not
worry if you cannot make it to Vermont, since we will host the subcommittee meeting
* Help the subcommittee craft a recommendation that TRB establish a Task Force on
Urban Arterials and Public Health.
* The TRB paper submittal deadline is August 1.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the newsletter's development.
Eloisa Raynault | American Public Health Association | Transportation, Health and Equity
Program Manager | o: 202-777-2487 | http://apha.org/transportation
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.