RENEE AUTUMN RAY, AICP | Senior Associate | 404.908.2286 NEW MOBILE NUMBER (m) |
ICF INTERNATIONAL | 3 Corporate Square NE, Suite 370, Atlanta, GA 30329 | 404.592.2241
Connect with us on social media<http://www.icfi.com/social>
From: Blackburn, Lauren A [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:41 AM
To: NCPlan mailing list
Subject: [ncplan] FW: Active Living Coordinator Position Posted
The North Carolina Community Transformation Grant Project is searching for an Active
Living Coordinator. The position will provide technical assistance, create resources and
build partnerships to increase physical activity through built environment initiatives.
Emphasis is placed on efforts that support comprehensive planning and shared use of
physical activity facilities. Duties include
* Develop and maintain statewide partnerships supporting comprehensive planning and
shared use policies; identify key contacts that can be introduced to funded communities as
* Inform state and local staff of technical advances, effective interventions and
opportunities available for building capacity and expanding state and community-based
physical activity programs in the area of comprehensive planning and shared use policies.
* Serve as a liaison between the Community Transformation Grant Project and the
Community and Clinical Connections for Health and Prevention Branch.
* Provide technical assistance to communities on developing and implementing
comprehensive plans and shared use policies.
* Work with the CTG Project Consultants to determine technical assistance and training
needs of funded communities.
* Facilitate the development of state level health practices to increase access to and
opportunities for the physical activity through changes to the built environment by
focusing on comprehensive plans and shared use policies.
Experience or knowledge in the following areas is preferred:
* built environment and physical activity;
* joint use agreements,
* comprehensive planning,
* health impact assessments,
* city and regional planning,
* transportation and land use; and
* parks and recreation
Candidates must have the ability to:
* develop and execute project plans with a variety of partners
* interpret and understand information concerning physical activity, public health and
* communicate effectively orally and in writing with leadership from internal and
* analyze data and information concerning program operations in order to evaluate
* work with diverse groups
Minimum Education and Experience:
Master's degree in Public Health, social work, psychology or related field and one
year of experience in a related human services program; or graduation from a four year
college or university and three years of administrative, consultative, or counseling
experience in a related human services program.
This full-time position will be hired through Temporary Solutions and housed at the NC
Division of Public Health. Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2014.
Interested candidates should contact Sharon Nelson,
Email correspondence to and from this sender is subject to the N.C. Public Records Law and
may be disclosed to third parties.
You currently are subscribed to ncplan .
To unsubscribe send email to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> with the
subject line "unsubscribe ncplan "