Apologies for the cross-posting.
Attached please find an announcement for call for posters for the 2016 TRB.
The Task Force on “Understanding New Directions for the National Household
Travel Survey” (ABJ45T) is calling for posters showcasing innovative uses
of the National Household Travel Survey (NHTS) for presentation at the
Transportation Research Board’s 95th Annual Meeting on January 10–14, 2016,
at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, in Washington, D.C.
We are particularly (but not uniquely) interested in research, case studies
and analyses that use the NHTS (possibly in combination with other large
· to understand travel of disadvantaged groups; or
· to analyze transit or active transportation modes; or
· to analyze salient environmental or energy issues; or
· to characterize rural trips; or
· to better understand traffic safety; or
· to analyze public health topics related to transportation; or
· for disaster management; or more generally
· to answer questions of interest to MPOs, DOTs, and other agencies.
The objective of this poster session is to bring together planners,
analysts, policy makers, and potential users of NHTS data to share / learn
about innovative applications of the NHTS. For guidelines on how to present
a poster effectively, see
Please email a poster outline consisting of a 200 to 300 words abstract
with a title and authors’ contact information to
abj45tPostersTRB2016(a)gmail.com by Friday, September 4, 2015.
Authors will be notified of acceptance by Friday, September 18, 2015 and
will be asked to confirm their participation by Friday, September 25, 2015;
at least one author of each selected poster will need to attend the poster
session in person. Sales presentations on products or services will not be
This call is outside the usual TRB website and paper review system.
Proposals do not need to be submitted using the on-line system and no paper
is required to participate in this poster session. For questions, email