Hi friends of Census—
The Census State Data Centers steering committee is organizing a webinar for Dec. 4,
titled: 2020 Census demonstration data: Privacy and accuracy issues.
Please save the date: Wed., December 4, 2:00 Eastern (11:00 Pacific).
Login details now available
Join online https://psu.zoom.us/j/621299500
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 621 299 500
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16468769923,621299500#
The audience for the webinar are: Partners of Census Bureau, and Census data “power
* Census implementing new disclosure avoidance methods with 2020 Census public data
* Overview of Differential Privacy, effects on data accuracy, examples based on
Census’s decennial demonstration data tables
* Proposed data products, what tables will be available
* How you can review the demonstration data tables now online
* Suggested next steps, and opportunities for feedback: Both Census Bureau and NAS/
CNSTAT are asking for stakeholders’ input.
Presenters for this webinar are:
* Jan Vink, research specialist at Cornell Program on Applied Demographics (a FSCPE
and SDC member in New York)
* Dave Van Riper, spatial analysis director at Univ of Minnesota Population Center (a
SDC coord agency in MN)
* Beth Jarsoz, demographer at Population Reference Bureau.
(Content of this webinar will be similar to Dave and Beth’s webinar for APDU earlier in
On behalf of Census State Data