FYI – apologies for cross-postings
2020 TRB Annual Meeting Call for Papers
Have you been part of an advancement or are you working on an interesting project related
to non-motorized data gathering, management, sharing, quality control, or application?
Share it with us through our
2020 TRB Call for Papers! Just choose this specific call from the drop down menu in myTRB
when submitting your paper.
Call for Paper Title
Advances in Non-Motorized Data
Advances in data gathering technology have presented the opportunity to automatically
collect data on non-motorized modes of travel. This presents data management
opportunities and challenges. The aim of this call for papers is to expand and improve the
field of bicycle and pedestrian data.
Topics for papers include, but are not limited to:
* Best practices in inter-agency data sharing.
* Data quality control and quality assurance.
* Validation and evaluation of third-party (private sector) non-motorized data.
* Privacy concerns, data sharing ethics, and protections with crowdsourced data.
* Unique applications of non-motorized data.
* Using count data with crash data to calculate exposure and other measures.
* Crowdsourced crash/incident data quality.
* Unique applications or integration of bikeshare and scooter data.
* Best practices in maintaining non-motorized asset inventories.
* Developing routable pedestrian network datasets.
Shawn Turner; Frank Proulx; Aditi Misra
Primary Sponsoring Committee
ABJ35: Highway and Traffic Monitoring
Secondary Sponsoring Committees
ANF10: Pedestrian Committee
ANF20: Bicycle Transportation
ABJ20: Statewide Data and Information Systems
ABJ30: Urban Data and Information Systems
APO20: Emerging and Innovative Public Transport and Technologies
Primary Subject Area
Pedestrians and Bicyclists
Secondary Subject Area
Data and Information Technology
Copyright © 2019 TRB Bicycle and Pedestrian Data Subcommittee, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have indicated interested in TRB ABJ35 (3) -
Bicycle and Pedestrian Data Subcommittee
Our mailing address is:
TRB Bicycle and Pedestrian Data Subcommittee
Centennial Campus Box 8601
Raleigh, NC 27695-8601
Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
update your preferences or
unsubscribe from this list.
Show replies by date