Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metro Planning Organization (DCHC MPO) is the regional
organization responsible for transportation planning for the western part of the Research
Triangle area in North Carolina, and a subdivision of Department of Transportation , City
of Durham, NC. DCHC MPO/City of Durham is now accepting applications for one (1)
transportation modeler. Please click on the link below, and then do the job application.
Job Title: Transportation Modeler
Job Type: Full time with benefits
Company: DCHC MPO/City of Durham
Location: 101 City Hall Plaza, Durham, North Carolina
Position Salary: $54,046.00 - $86,473.00 Annually
Hiring Range: $54,046.00 - $64,800.00 Annually
To work with the general public, private sector, and regional agencies; as well as, local,
state and federal governments in delivering a multi-modal transportation system. This is
accomplished by performing model specifications, estimations, calibrations, validations,
maintenance, traffic demand forecasts, policy analysis, traffic simulations, and scenario
testing. Other duties include providing technical support for the transportation system
performance measures and need assessments; prioritizing the Transportation Improvement
Program and Long Range Transportation Plan; and presenting scenario outcomes and project
results to the regional technical and policy stakeholders.
* Manages the multi-modal travel demand model application to regional long-range/metro
transportation plan and air quality conformity analysis. Responsible for developing,
enhancing, and maintaining the Triangle Regional Model (TRM).
* Develops Advance Land Use Model; provides Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
lead support for the development, estimation, programming, calibration, validation,
application and documentation of travel demand and land use models.
* Manages and supervises technical activities for Multi-Million Transportation Capital
* Develops projects and demand forecasts using Travel Demand Model; performs
Transportation Model applications.
* Supervises and trains interns by monitoring and directing work activities; provides
guidance and support; and manages agendas and schedules.
* Supports and contributes to the MPO 3-C Transportation Planning process.
* Manages planning special projects and performs statistical analysis for department.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
* Work requires broad knowledge in a professional or technical field. Work requires
professional level of knowledge of a discipline equivalent to that which is acquired in a
Bachelor's degree-level of study or equivalent in Civil/Transportation Engineering,
Transportation Planning or a related field.
* Five or more years of experience of progressive and relevant experience in travel
demand modeling or an equivalent combination of education and directly related travel
demand modeling experience.
* Valid North Carolina Class "C" driver's license or obtain a valid
North Carolina Class "C" driver's license within 60 days of hire.
Additional Preferred Skills:
* Computer programming skills (VB, JAVA, C++ or similar), and database programming
would be desirable.
* Proficiency in statistics, including logit model, would be a plus.
* Experience in landuse model, especially UrbanSim, would be a plus.
* Experience in TransCad and GISDK would be desirable.
DCHC MPO/City of Durham