Participants will engage in discussion, practice analytical skills through exercises, learn to navigate the CTPP software, and
leave with a better understanding of what transportation data are available and what are the avoidable pitfalls to using them.
Training Dates and Locations
Sept. 14 - 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm and Sept. 15 - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
FDOT – Burns Auditorium - 605 Suwannee St, Tallahassee, FL 32303
Oct. 31 - 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm and Nov. 1 - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
FDOT District 4 Auditorium - 3400 West Commercial Boulevard, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
Nov. 3 - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and Nov 4 - 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
CUTR at USF - 4202 East Fowler Avenue, CUT100, Tampa, FL 33620
Understanding and Dealing with Data Issues
• In-depth, ongoing discussion optimally resulting in better, smarter data users
Transportation Data and How to Get It
• CTPP, ACS, JTW—What do these acronyms mean? What agencies collect and produce these data? How accurate, current, reliable are they?
What Kind of Data Is Collected and Where Is It?
• Commutes, Tours, Modes. Websites, Search engines, Hard Files—What’s out there, how is it found, how is it acquired?
Census and CTPP Geography, Understanding It, Using It
• Custom geography for planning applications
CTPP Data Access Software
• A hands-on, follow-along, in depth, tutorial: Attendees will create a profile of an area using many features of the CTPP Data Access Software
Other Course Information
•Attendees should complete the e-learning modules at:
http://ctpp.training.transportation.org/ before attending
the in-person class. Completion of the modules will enhance the attendees’ learning experience and allow the instructors to cover the material more in-depth.
• The training is best suited for practitioners wo will be using or analyzing Census data.
• Attendees must bring (or share) a laptop that can access the Internet.
• There is no software to upload prior to the class. We bring handouts and electronic media with the day’s materials; the software is online.
• No meals will be provided, so please feel free to bring your lunches/snacks to the classroom.
Penelope Weinberger, AASHTO CTPP Program Manager
CTPP Training is free for participants and jointly sponsored by the Census Transportation Planning Products Program at AASHTO, and FHWA.