The purpose of this position is to support the Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO) Transportation Planning process (3C process), MPO administration and assist in the DCHC MPO Lead Planning Agency (LPA). The primary job duties include providing lead staff support for the management and operation and administration of the DCHC MPO activities. The position requires a self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills and work well with minimum supervision. Other job responsibilities include: manage and participate in the MPO Board and the Technical Committee (TC) activities; participate in metropolitan area transportation systems planning efforts for roadways, public transportation, pedestrian & bicycle, TDM, and ITS; air quality conformity analysis and procedure; Transportation Improvement Program development; corridor/small area studies; and preparation of oral and written reports to staff, committees, and elected bodies.
· Oversees MPO 3C and policy functions;
· Updates MPO's TIP and SPOT;
· Complies with federal and State transportation planning/MPO regulations and requirements;
· Provides staff support for the development and update of the MPO long-range transportation plans;
· Provides planning or engineering support to various program and project development teams;
· Provides technical assistance to MPO member governments regarding multi-modal transportation matters;
· Develops performance measures and project ranking/prioritization for long range plans, SPOT and TIP projects;
· Analyzes data and management associated with MPO technical and planning activities;
· Provides support for annual unified work program development, update and reporting needed;
· Coordinates public involvement and outreach, including EJ and LEP activities;
· Undertake in special projects such as GHG Emissions study, climate change, corridor studies, etc.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Urban and Regional Planning, City Planning, Civil/Transportation Engineering, Environmental planning or a related field;
· Five years of progressive experience in transportation planning, MPO management, and operation and administration;
· Valid North Carolina Class C driver's license or obtain within 60 days of hire.
The position is open until filled.
Please visit the link below to see the position description and application procedures:
DCHC MPO & Transportation Department,
City of Durham